The December meeting was well attended and there
was plenty of fine beer from our members. It was also
the meeting where the Lagunitas SXSW Club
Competition representative beer was selected.
The Carboy results were:
- 1st – Keith & Pam, So Star Pro-Am IPA
- 2nd – Jeff’s Robust Porter
- 3rd – Jeff & Joe’s Pliny Clone tied with Chris Holderness Twilight Imperial Stout.
Keith & Pam’s beer was selected by Lagunitus. As a
result, Lagunitas flew Keith up to brew a beer at their
facility. Bob Kapusinksi won the “free ride” drawing
and went as well. Hopefully we will get to hear about
the trip at the January club meeting.
January brings our Club Board elections. We are still in
need of a few members to step up and take a position.
Right now we have the following:
- President – Joe White
- Vice President – Chris Holderness
- Event Coordinators – Bob Kapusinski & Dave Spring
- Beer Steward – Ann Kapusinski
- Member-At-Large – Tony Rovano & Jessica Kapusinski
- Secretary – Jeff Hilland
We are still in need of a Treasurer and Assistant Beer
The time commitment for any of the Board positions is
not that great. Besides regular Club meetings we have 3-
4 additional Board meetings a year to plan and finalize
events, competitions, and our semi-annual picnics.
We are always looking for new ideas and directions in
which to take the Club, so think about becoming a Board
member and helping to direct the Carboys and improving
our overall brewing experience.