The next Carboys Club-only competition is a Cereal Mash competition. This is a BJCP registered event. Entries will be judged at the November Club meeting (see the Events page – Nov 24). You do not need to be present to win, but your beer does.
The following rules apply:
- All recognized BJCP styles are eligible
- Style and sub-category must be listed on entry. If using categories 21, 22, 23, a base style must be on entry.
- Recipe must be submitted
- Must use at least 1 box (18oz. or larger) of a commercial, processed breakfast cereal, for each 5 gallons or portion of.
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat, farina, etc, can be used but does not count as your cereal for the competition.
- Judging will be 70% BJCP and 30% popular vote.
- There will be an award for most unique use of cereal/most unique beer.
- Will need to submit 5 bottles. (2 for BJCP and 3 for popular)
- Teams are allowed but only 1 medal/award per team
- Must be paid member to enter and vote
- Entries due and voting will be at the November meeting
*note* To keep entries anonymous, do not post specifics on social media.
Good luck to everyone!