Another well intended meeting under our belts – and a near record number of new club members! Welcome to all our new members!
A reminder on sharing was brought up:
- Please bring 3 12oz bottles or 2 bombers for each beer. There needs to be enough to share with 30-40 people.
- Please remember to take only a 1oz sample. There needs to be enough beer to go around. If you find a really good beer, don’t take more until it has made it around. Instead, ask for the recipe and brew some!
- If you want to to have your beer evaluated, the club has some very experienced judges who will be more than happy to help. It is best to seek one of them out before their palate gets fatigued. Keep an open mind on what you hear.
There was other business covered as well:
- It’s time to pay club dues. It’s $15 for a family and $10 for an individual and gets you into the club picnics, brew-in, competitions, brewery tours and other club events. Please seek out our club treasurer, Richard, at the next meeting.
- We also discussed the Celtic Brew Off. We have had some members do quite well and, being a smaller competition, you don’t get lost in the numbers. Members going up to Bluebonnet can drop off entries if you register in time for Celtic and ask the member nicely.
- A reminder was mentioned: Please do not check into Dig when posting beers on Untapped that you did not purchase at the Dig. We appreciate their sponsorship and want to continue to support them as they support us.
An officer meeting is scheduled for Feb 19th, so expect more news at the March meeting.